Today marks the beginning of a brand new series that will show you EXACTLY how to get started with PHP. Just as with the “jQuery for Absolute Beginners” series, we’ll start from scratch and slowly work our way up to some more advanced topics. I hope you enjoy it. As always – feel free to make requests via the comments form.
We’ll get started by downloading WAMP/MAMP and echoing out a simple string to verify that PHP is working on our system.
Day 1: Downloading the Language
Links from the Screencasts
- Day 2: Variables
- Day 3: Passing Values From Page to Page
- Day 4: Multiple Variables and the “foreach” Statement
- Day 5: Refactoring, Arrays, and Functions – Oh My!
- Day 6: Includes
- Day 7: Regular Expressions
- Day 8: Strings
- Day 9: Detecting First-Time Visitors
- Day 10: Mysql
- Day 11: INSERT and foreach Statements
- Subscribe to the Theme Forest RSS Feed.