What better way to kick off a new site than with a Launch Competition? So we’ve got one heck of a competition for all you theme and template authors out there. It’s pretty straightforward. During September we’ll keep track of how many approved files authors have on ThemeForest, whoever has the most in each of the three categories shown below, will win $600 to spend on an Apple Cinema HD Display (or whatever else you might want to spend $600 on)!
Authors will be competing in three divisions:
- Most Approved Items in Site Templates
- Most Approved Items in WordPress Themes
- Most Approved Items in Joomla & Misc Themes
We’ll have a leaderboard up in a few days so you can keep track of who’s ahead of who. Only items uploaded between 12:01AM 01/09/2008 and 11:59PM 30/09/2008 AEST (Sydney Time) count. Note that the items don’t need to be approved in that timeframe, just uploaded – but only approved items count towards the final total.
Up for grabs are 3 x $600 in cash … which would be well spent on an Apple Cinema HD Display.
Announcement of Winners
Because we need to approve the items, the winners won’t be announced until the last item uploaded before the deadline has been approved or rejected. Additionally prizes will only be awarded after a full month has elapsed to ensure no copyright fraud has happened.
The rules are as follows:
- Envato staff and reviewers are not eligible to compete
- Only items uploaded between 12:01 AM 01/09/2008 and 11:59PM 30/09/2008 AEST and subsequently approved for sale on ThemeForest are eligible to count.
- The three authors with the highest count each will win 1 prize each
- The same author cannot win more than one category. If an author comes first in more than one category, they win only the one where they have more uploads. In the other category the prize goes to the next highest author. In other words there will be three winners, no less.
- Our decision is final.
- Files that are taken down for any reason are not eligible to be counted.
- Files must stay up on ThemeForest for at least 6 months.
- Prizes will be awarded on the 1st of November, to give time to ensure no copyright fraud has occurred.
- Winner will be paid in cash via PayPal, Moneybookers, or Wire Transfer. Any bank or transfer fees will come out of the prize money.
If you have any questions, just add a comment and I’ll make any clarifications!